Add a chinstrap
Ships in 1 Day - Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Exchanges | 90-Day Returns
Yes, we do mean unlimited. At American Hat Makers we want to make sure you love your hat, because it’s going to last a lifetime.
So if your hat is the wrong size or you just don’t love the style for any reason, then you can send it back for an exchange free of charge. That’s free shipping back to us and free shipping back to you.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324. Or click here and check out our “how to measure” guide. *Please note that any Sale items are final sale and not eligible for unlimited free exchanges.*
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process an exchange.
American Hat Makers headwear is built to last a lifetime, so we want you to take your time falling in love with your new favorite hat.
Take 90-days to make sure your hat is the perfect fit and the perfect style. If for whatever reason you don’t love your hat and want to return it, we make it as easy as possible.
Just pay a small shipping and restocking fee of $9.83 (which will be automatically deducted from your refund amount), send back your hat, and you’re good to go.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process a return.
Our Hats have been seen on
- Top Grade Materials - Manufactured to the highest standard, our materials are put through rigorous testing to ensure their quality and then expertly crafted into one of our timeless designs. Our leather is supple, our felt is durable, and our straw tightly woven.
- Hats That Hold Their Shape - All American Hat Makers hats are guaranteed to hold their shape, and will not stretch or shrink with everyday wear. This mens leather cowboy hat can be restored even if it gets warped. Purchasing our lifetime refurbishment at checkout will guarantee that if your hat is accidentally damaged you can send it back to us for a painless and timely repair.
- They Fit! - Our hats fit! It sounds simple enough but with so many shapes and sizes of heads out there it can be a challenge. To overcome this obstacle we’ve designed several fit adjustment systems, all of which remain hidden behind the sweatband to keep your hat looking sharp from all angles. Check out more here.
Every one of our hats come with a 50 year guarantee. That means that if your hat fails in any way to meet your standards due to our craftsmanship then we’ll repair or replace your hat free of charge. So if your hat starts unraveling in 50 years, we’ll take it back and make it right.
Call us anytime! We don’t want to hide behind our website. We’re real people with a deep love and understanding for all of our hats; so any questions you have we’ll be ready to answer them. Need help picking out a hat? We can do that too! Not only can we help you with any questions or concerns you’re having, we can also help you find the perfect hat for your face shape and lifestyle.
We’re available 9am-5pm PST - give us a call at 831-722-3324
Our Hats have been seen in
Hat Sizing Chart
Standard Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|Standard Hat Size|
|XS||20 - 20 7⁄8||52 - 53||6 1⁄2|
|SM||21 - 21 7⁄8||54 - 55||6 7⁄8|
|MD||22 - 22 3⁄4||56 - 57||7 1/8|
|LG||22 7⁄8 - 23 1⁄2||58 - 59||7 3⁄8|
|XL||23 5⁄8 - 24 1⁄4||60 - 61||7 5⁄8|
|2X||24 3⁄8 - 24 7⁄8||62 - 63||7 7⁄8|
|3X||25 - 25 5⁄8||64 - 65||8 1⁄8|
- Grab a soft measuring tape or a piece of string (like twine or a shoelace) and a ruler or measuring tool
- Wrap a soft tape or string around your head to measure about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above your ear and about 3/4 to an 1" inch above your brow line (see image)
- Mark the tape or your string, where it intersects, with your finger.
- Record your measurement in inches or centimeters (centimeters is often more accurate)
- If you're using a string, run it along side the ruler as many times as necessary to get a complete measurement
- MEASURE AGAIN!
- Always measure more than once until you get the same number twice
- Find your size in the chart for the perfect fit
Limited Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|S/M||22 1/8 - 22 3/4||55 - 57|
|L/XL||22 7/8 - 23 5/8||58 - 60|
- SPsteve postlewait or Steves A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars20 hours agoBad Azz Hat !
Works greatAHAmerican Hat Makers14 seconds ago
You look amazing! Thank you for supporting American Hat Makers.
- GCGeorge C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars3 days agochin strap
It looks good BUT I wish it was longer. It doesn't sit correctly on my back.AHAmerican Hat MakersYesterday
Thank you for you review. We do apologize if the chinstrap didn't meet your expectations. If there's anything that we can help you with, please contact us via email at email@example.com or via phone call 1 (831) 722-3324. Thank you
- LCLinda C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoThank you, it is refreshing to find such a quality & professional company
I love this hat! The chin strap was easy to install and very comfortable & looks good
I have recommended you to friends. My highest compliment
- DDDebbie D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoAdding a chinstrap
I was disappointed to hear from your Rep that you're not attaching chin straps to your hats anymore (or a select few). Although it was easy to do, it was inconvenient receiving the hat without, having to call and order one (another $10!), wait for the delivery, watch UTUBE, then actually attach it.
I guess when I spend $140 on a hat, I expect it to be ready to wear upon receipt.
Love your hats, but may start looking elsewhere.
- DPDave P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoLast Minute Change
Wow - I remembered, after the fact, to add chinstraps and y’all were good enough to not only get them into my order by offer to install them on my hats. Great service, thank you!!!
- CRCy R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoWill order again soon.
- TSTracy S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months ago4th hat and late call for chinstrap!🤠👍
My first 2 hats #1 Sirocco gray/black #2 gray crusher both have'm and I really like them. #3 steel cabana..I forgot to add one. So on this black cabana I called back just before shipment and they added and I had'm toss in one in gray for my steel cabana which I'll add on.🤠👍very happy for the 4th time!!! Thanks AHM's. P.S. my friend just tried on my new hat and now he'll be ordering.
- JRJerry R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoI couldn't find a chinstrap on the order form.
I called and asked the representative to add a chinstrap to my order which they cheerfully did.
- CGClaudia G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoDurable
I loved that AHM was able to add the chin strap for me. They did and amazing job.
- PMPaula M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoBEST Customer Service!
These folks have to be the nicest I’ve ever encountered for customer service! Always eager to help and fix things if there is ANY problem!!