Buffalo | Hat Band
Ships in 1 Day - Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Exchanges | 90-Day Returns
Yes, we do mean unlimited. At American Hat Makers we want to make sure you love your hat, because it’s going to last a lifetime.
So if your hat is the wrong size or you just don’t love the style for any reason, then you can send it back for an exchange free of charge. That’s free shipping back to us and free shipping back to you.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324. Or click here and check out our “how to measure” guide. *Please note that any Sale items are final sale and not eligible for unlimited free exchanges.*
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process an exchange.
American Hat Makers headwear is built to last a lifetime, so we want you to take your time falling in love with your new favorite hat.
Take 90-days to make sure your hat is the perfect fit and the perfect style. If for whatever reason you don’t love your hat and want to return it, we make it as easy as possible.
Just pay a small shipping and restocking fee of $9.83 (which will be automatically deducted from your refund amount), send back your hat, and you’re good to go.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process a return.
Our Hats have been seen on
- Top Grade Materials - Manufactured to the highest standard, our materials are put through rigorous testing to ensure their quality and then expertly crafted into one of our timeless designs. Our leather is supple, our felt is durable, and our straw tightly woven.
- Hats That Hold Their Shape - All American Hat Makers hats are guaranteed to hold their shape, and will not stretch or shrink with everyday wear. This mens leather cowboy hat can be restored even if it gets warped. Purchasing our lifetime refurbishment at checkout will guarantee that if your hat is accidentally damaged you can send it back to us for a painless and timely repair.
- They Fit! - Our hats fit! It sounds simple enough but with so many shapes and sizes of heads out there it can be a challenge. To overcome this obstacle we’ve designed several fit adjustment systems, all of which remain hidden behind the sweatband to keep your hat looking sharp from all angles. Check out more here.
Every one of our hats come with a 50 year guarantee. That means that if your hat fails in any way to meet your standards due to our craftsmanship then we’ll repair or replace your hat free of charge. So if your hat starts unraveling in 50 years, we’ll take it back and make it right.
Call us anytime! We don’t want to hide behind our website. We’re real people with a deep love and understanding for all of our hats; so any questions you have we’ll be ready to answer them. Need help picking out a hat? We can do that too! Not only can we help you with any questions or concerns you’re having, we can also help you find the perfect hat for your face shape and lifestyle.
We’re available 9am-5pm PST - give us a call at 831-722-3324
We dislike returns just as much as the next person, so we’ve vowed to ALWAYS make returns and exchanges painless. If you don’t like your hat, if it doesn’t fit, or you want a different one - we’ll help you. Read our full return and exchange policy here: link to return/exchange policy page.
Our Hats have been seen in
Hat Sizing Chart
Standard Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|Standard Hat Size|
|XS||20 - 20 7⁄8||52 - 53||6 1⁄2|
|SM||21 - 21 7⁄8||54 - 55||6 7⁄8|
|MD||22 - 22 3⁄4||56 - 57||7 1/8|
|LG||22 7⁄8 - 23 1⁄2||58 - 59||7 3⁄8|
|XL||23 5⁄8 - 24 1⁄4||60 - 61||7 5⁄8|
|2X||24 3⁄8 - 24 7⁄8||62 - 63||7 7⁄8|
|3X||25 - 25 5⁄8||64 - 65||8 1⁄8|
- Grab a soft measuring tape or a piece of string (like twine or a shoelace) and a ruler or measuring tool
- Wrap a soft tape or string around your head to measure about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above your ear and about 3/4 to an 1" inch above your brow line (see image)
- Mark the tape or your string, where it intersects, with your finger.
- Record your measurement in inches or centimeters (centimeters is often more accurate)
- If you're using a string, run it along side the ruler as many times as necessary to get a complete measurement
- MEASURE AGAIN!
- Always measure more than once until you get the same number twice
- Find your size in the chart for the perfect fit
Limited Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|S/M||22 1/8 - 22 3/4||55 - 57|
|L/XL||22 7/8 - 23 5/8||58 - 60|
- RHRay H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoMy search is over!
It is great to be able to find something that fits your feelings and personality so perfectly. Thank you guys...AHAmerican Hat Makers2 months ago
Thank you so much for your kind words! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that our product resonated with you and aligned perfectly with your feelings and personality. It's our utmost pleasure to provide you with something that brings you joy and satisfaction. Your appreciation means a lot to us, and we're grateful for your support. If there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out.
- CDChris D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agoGreat Quality and Service
I was shopping for a hat band that carried the feel of my vintage style hat and after looking at several online western stores, I found American Hat Makers. It was difficult making a choice but the Buffalo Band stuck out. The quality is great, the details on the silver buttons is stellar and the shipping was quick. This is definitely the store I’ll be returning to.AHAmerican Hat Makers7 months ago
Thank you, Chris! So nice to hear that it was way beyond what you expected.
- ADAllen D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoThe "B E S T" Buffalo Hat Band
I love the way this Black Buffalo Hat Band adds charm and excitement to the already fantastic Cyclone Cowboy Hat!
Thank You American Hat Makers!AHAmerican Hat Makers1 year agoThanks, Allen! You look wonderful with the Buffalo Band.
- RHRussell H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1 year agoBand
I order a Buffalo hat band. I got a black wool hat. When I got it I thought I ordered wrong thing . I like American hat makers
- RBREGIS B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoVery pleased.
As usual excellent quality
- MAMarty A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoPerfect!
This was a replacement band for my top hat that got lost. Perfect fit and quality workmanship!
- CDCandice D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoGreat fit
The hat band arrived much sooner than I expected. A very well made piece and fits my hat well. It is a classic good looking addition to my hat.
- SBSteven B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoThe band was a great
The band was a great compliment to the hat I purchased for my girlfriend, she totally loves it and has gotten so many compliments on it. You guys do have good products, great customer service and ship your products well. Keep up the great work
- PPLDVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoMy new Buffalo Nickel hat band makes my Marlow complete
My new Buffalo Nickel hat band is better than I expected. The pictures on line don’t do it justice. I bought my Marlow without the hatband because I had read if it’s ordered with the hat, it will be glued in place and I wanted the option of changing them out. The band was very easy to install and fit perfectly.
Thank You American Hat Makers!
- JCJeff C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1 year agoGreat band but…….
The hat band is exactly what I expected. It was a little challenging to install on the hat because it had a curve in the band. There fore it gapped on the sides of my hat since my Marlow hat is beveled. I would have liked to have some kind of adhesive on the band to make installing the band on the hat easier.