Cavalier | Renaissance Fair Leather Hat
Ships in 1 Day - Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Exchanges | 90-Day Returns
Yes, we do mean unlimited. At American Hat Makers we want to make sure you love your hat, because it’s going to last a lifetime.
So if your hat is the wrong size or you just don’t love the style for any reason, then you can send it back for an exchange free of charge. That’s free shipping back to us and free shipping back to you.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324. Or click here and check out our “how to measure” guide. *Please note that any Sale items are final sale and not eligible for unlimited free exchanges.*
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process an exchange.
American Hat Makers headwear is built to last a lifetime, so we want you to take your time falling in love with your new favorite hat.
Take 90-days to make sure your hat is the perfect fit and the perfect style. If for whatever reason you don’t love your hat and want to return it, we make it as easy as possible.
Just pay a small shipping and restocking fee of $9.83 (which will be automatically deducted from your refund amount), send back your hat, and you’re good to go.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process a return.
Our Hats have been seen on
- Top Grade Materials - Manufactured to the highest standard, our materials are put through rigorous testing to ensure their quality and then expertly crafted into one of our timeless designs. Our leather is supple, our felt is durable, and our straw tightly woven.
- Hats That Hold Their Shape - All American Hat Makers hats are guaranteed to hold their shape, and will not stretch or shrink with everyday wear. This mens leather cowboy hat can be restored even if it gets warped. Purchasing our lifetime refurbishment at checkout will guarantee that if your hat is accidentally damaged you can send it back to us for a painless and timely repair.
- They Fit! - Our hats fit! It sounds simple enough but with so many shapes and sizes of heads out there it can be a challenge. To overcome this obstacle we’ve designed several fit adjustment systems, all of which remain hidden behind the sweatband to keep your hat looking sharp from all angles. Check out more here.
Every one of our hats come with a 50 year guarantee. That means that if your hat fails in any way to meet your standards due to our craftsmanship then we’ll repair or replace your hat free of charge. So if your hat starts unraveling in 50 years, we’ll take it back and make it right.
Call us anytime! We don’t want to hide behind our website. We’re real people with a deep love and understanding for all of our hats; so any questions you have we’ll be ready to answer them. Need help picking out a hat? We can do that too! Not only can we help you with any questions or concerns you’re having, we can also help you find the perfect hat for your face shape and lifestyle.
We’re available 9am-5pm PST - give us a call at 831-722-3324
Our Hats have been seen in
Hat Sizing Chart
Standard Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|Standard Hat Size|
|XS||20 - 20 7⁄8||52 - 53||6 1⁄2|
|SM||21 - 21 7⁄8||54 - 55||6 7⁄8|
|MD||22 - 22 3⁄4||56 - 57||7 1/8|
|LG||22 7⁄8 - 23 1⁄2||58 - 59||7 3⁄8|
|XL||23 5⁄8 - 24 1⁄4||60 - 61||7 5⁄8|
|2X||24 3⁄8 - 24 7⁄8||62 - 63||7 7⁄8|
|3X||25 - 25 5⁄8||64 - 65||8 1⁄8|
- Grab a soft measuring tape or a piece of string (like twine or a shoelace) and a ruler or measuring tool
- Wrap a soft tape or string around your head to measure about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above your ear and about 3/4 to an 1" inch above your brow line (see image)
- Mark the tape or your string, where it intersects, with your finger.
- Record your measurement in inches or centimeters (centimeters is often more accurate)
- If you're using a string, run it along side the ruler as many times as necessary to get a complete measurement
- MEASURE AGAIN!
- Always measure more than once until you get the same number twice
- Find your size in the chart for the perfect fit
Limited Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|S/M||22 1/8 - 22 3/4||55 - 57|
|L/XL||22 7/8 - 23 5/8||58 - 60|
- MCMichael C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars20 hours agoGreat hat!
My hat came like 1-1/2 sizes too big which is fine - I got it extra large to fit over my costume wig. But the band won't stay down where the brim meets the crown of the hat, and if I tighten it it rides up the crown. On the bright side the hat is well-made; the only possible improvement would be securing the band and perhaps placing a stiff wire around the outer edge of the brim. All in all a great hat and I would recommend it to others who are in the market for such a hat,AHAmerican Hat Makers36 seconds ago
Thank you for your review. We do apologize for this experience you had. We will take note of this to improve our hats more. If you need any kind of assistance, we will be more than happy to assist you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone call 1 (831) 722-3324. Thank you
- PHPatricia H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoSuperb quality
I bought this thinking it would be for Ren fest only, but boy was I wrong. The quality of this hat is beyond my expectations, so much so that I’m trying to wear it as much as I can! Saving the feather for formal occasion though ;)
- KCKaicee C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoGreat hat!
- BWBeth W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoAmazing!
If you want to make a statement, this is the hat for you...
- MPmichael p.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agogreat hat.
- RLRamona L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoCavalier
How much fun can a hat be? More than I can express! Love this hat.
- JTJames T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoAwesome 🎩
This is part of my pirate attire for Murat Shrine Parade functions as a Hendricks County Shriners Club pirate…. Love it!AHAmerican Hat Makers1 year agoJames, Glad you loved your hat. Thank you for being our customer. AHM Team
- ESEhlana S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoamazing quality and super fast
amazing quality and super fast shipping
- ASAbraham S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoFantastic craftsmanship
- EWEhren W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoQue guapo
When you teach historic Spanish swordsmanship, you gotta let you're students know you're authentic.