1 Million Hats made since 1972
50 Years Family Owned
Ships in 1 Business Day
13,000+ 5-Star Reviews
Our Hats Have Been Seen On
All our hats come with a lifetime warranty. What this means is that even if you bought a hat over 50 years ago and it starts unraveling, we'll fix it or replace it, free of charge
Handcrafted Since 1972
We are working hard every day to continue to be the best hat makers in America. Though we are steeped in tradition, we embrace modern practices to deliver hats of the highers quality.
How to Measure
Measuring for the Irwin - Mens Western Outback Fedora Hat begins by wrapping a soft measuring tape (also known as a tailor's tape or sewing tape) around your head. Continuing place the tape at your mid-forehead, and wrap it around your head above the ears measuring your head size. In summary, find your size on this chart.
- Brim 2 3/4" Crown 4 1/2"
- For detailed sizing info, CLICK HERE: HAT FIT GUIDE to view a sizing chart.
- We offer FREE EXCHANGES/RETURNS in case you order the wrong size, so don't sweat it. We'll make sure you get a hat that fits like a dream, even if we have to send you 3-4 hats 'til we get it right. We'll even pay for all shipping as well.
- Lifetime warranty on all hats. - We cover your hat for life. Did the hat stretch/shrink? Did something unravel? We'll make it right. We stand behind all our products and have easy to reach customer service.
- Easy to reach customer service. - We don't hide behind a website. We love our customers and we're happy to resolve any concerns you may have. Simply give us a call at 1-800-642-3428 and we'll be happy to help you with anything you need.
- Built to last. - While the other guys cut corners on quality to increase their margins, we don't believe in that. Even if you sweat a lot, it won't hurt the hat. This is thanks to an integrated sweat band that comes with every hat. Rain isn't a problem either. All our hats are also extremely resistant to water; rain will simply run off. Our strictest quality standards is garanteed to last a lifetime.
- Hat will hold its shape. - The Irwin Mens Western Outback Fedora Hat is guaranteed to hold its shape, and will not stretch/shrink with everyday wear. Please do not mistreat our hats, however, by leaving them locked in a car on a 90° summer day. But, even in that worst case scenario, the hat shape can be restored by resting it on a coffee can.
- Perfect fit, guaranteed. - Did you accidentally order the wrong size? Don't sweat it. We'll make sure you get a hat that fits like a dream, even if we have to send you 3-4 hats ‘til we get it right. We'll even pay for all shipping charges!
- Family owned company since the 70's. - We're a father/son company with over 50 years of expertise in this industry. We've refined our craft and produce only the highest quality hats.
- Hat orders generally arrive within 3-7 business days.
- All our hats come with a lifetime warranty. What this means is that even if you bought a hat over 50 years ago and it starts unraveling, we'll fix it or replace it, free of charge.
- However, as far as exchanging one hat style for another, that must be done within 90 days.
- We offer free exchanges for any reason. We'll also send you as many hats as you need until we get you the perfect fit, and we'll even cover all the shipping costs.
Hat Sizing Chart
|HNH-AHM Hat Size||U.S.A Hat Size||Head Measurement (IN)||Head Measurement (CM)|
|MD||7 1⁄8||22-22 3⁄4||56-57|
|LG||7 3⁄8||22 7⁄8 - 23 1⁄2||58-59|
|XL||7 5⁄8||23 5⁄8 - 24 1⁄4||60-61|
|2X||7 7⁄8||24 3⁄8-24 7⁄8||62-63|
|3X||8 1⁄8||25-25 5⁄8||64-65|
Sizes are approximate and will vary with hat style and material. If unsure about which size to choose, it's best to choose a larger size, as our sizing system can adjust the hat down to one full size smaller.
Our Hats Have Been Seen In
Irwin - Mens Western Outback Fedora Hat - Reviews
- RHRickie H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 week agoIrwin Fedora Hat
I have bought 3 of the Irwin Fedora Hats. The hats run larger than usual. If your hat size is 57.7cm like my size is you would have to order a small. Other than that the are excellent made hats.AHAmerican Hat Makers1 week ago
Thank you, Rickie! We're glad that the hats still fit you.
- MSMatthew S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 stars4 weeks agoLove the hat, hate the tag hole.
The hat is amazing, one of if not the best I've ever owned. However when you placed the tag in the brim it created a permanent hole about the size of an 18 gauge needle this is annoying, so I've docked a star.AHAmerican Hat Makers3 weeks ago
Thank you for the honest feedback, Matthew. We will surely take note of this to improve our products.
- RJRichard J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 months agoJust right!
Just right for any occasion. Light weight and looks good too.
ThanksAHAmerican Hat Makers2 months ago
It looks great, Richard! This one does fit well with any wardrobe. :)
- WHWilliam H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productFace Type? RoundHead Shape Round OvalHow many American Hat Maker Hats do you have? This is my 2ndRated 5 stars3 months agoOutback fedora
I like the construction of it hi crown wide brim. I also like the chinstrap which helps keep it on when I’m driving my tea bucket. The fit is large so take that into consideration when orderingAHAmerican Hat Makers3 months ago
Thank you, William! We hope that your hat has met your expectations. :)
- JSJeff S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productFace Type? Heart ShapedHead Shape Round OvalHow many American Hat Maker Hats do you have? This is my 4thRated 5 stars3 months agoTOO easy to get these great hats!
This (Irwin Outback) hat is the fourth hat I have purchased from American Hat Makers. It is the first of those that I had to return to exchange for a different size. I was amazed at how easy that process was. I love all my American hats, and get the best comments, sometimes from complete strangers. The quality is obvious, and also draws comments. No doubt you have had many website visits from those I pointed toward you! I blame AHM for making me a "HAT" person... :)AHAmerican Hat Makers3 months ago
Thank you, Jeff! Happy to hear that we made you love hats even more. We hope to see you again in our future orders. :)