Roughneck | Mens Buffalo Leather Outback Hat
Ships in 1 Day - Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Exchanges | 90-Day Returns
Yes, we do mean unlimited. At American Hat Makers we want to make sure you love your hat, because it’s going to last a lifetime.
So if your hat is the wrong size or you just don’t love the style for any reason, then you can send it back for an exchange free of charge. That’s free shipping back to us and free shipping back to you.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324. Or click here and check out our “how to measure” guide. *Please note that any Sale items are final sale and not eligible for unlimited free exchanges.*
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process an exchange.
American Hat Makers headwear is built to last a lifetime, so we want you to take your time falling in love with your new favorite hat.
Take 90-days to make sure your hat is the perfect fit and the perfect style. If for whatever reason you don’t love your hat and want to return it, we make it as easy as possible.
Just pay a small shipping and restocking fee of $9.83 (which will be automatically deducted from your refund amount), send back your hat, and you’re good to go.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process a return.
Our Hats have been seen on
- Top Grade Materials - Manufactured to the highest standard, our materials are put through rigorous testing to ensure their quality and then expertly crafted into one of our timeless designs. Our leather is supple, our felt is durable, and our straw tightly woven.
- Hats That Hold Their Shape - All American Hat Makers hats are guaranteed to hold their shape, and will not stretch or shrink with everyday wear. This mens leather cowboy hat can be restored even if it gets warped. Purchasing our lifetime refurbishment at checkout will guarantee that if your hat is accidentally damaged you can send it back to us for a painless and timely repair.
- They Fit! - Our hats fit! It sounds simple enough but with so many shapes and sizes of heads out there it can be a challenge. To overcome this obstacle we’ve designed several fit adjustment systems, all of which remain hidden behind the sweatband to keep your hat looking sharp from all angles. Check out more here.
Every one of our hats come with a 50 year guarantee. That means that if your hat fails in any way to meet your standards due to our craftsmanship then we’ll repair or replace your hat free of charge. So if your hat starts unraveling in 50 years, we’ll take it back and make it right.
Call us anytime! We don’t want to hide behind our website. We’re real people with a deep love and understanding for all of our hats; so any questions you have we’ll be ready to answer them. Need help picking out a hat? We can do that too! Not only can we help you with any questions or concerns you’re having, we can also help you find the perfect hat for your face shape and lifestyle.
We’re available 9am-5pm PST - give us a call at 831-722-3324
We dislike returns just as much as the next person, so we’ve vowed to ALWAYS make returns and exchanges painless. If you don’t like your hat, if it doesn’t fit, or you want a different one - we’ll help you. Read our full return and exchange policy here: link to return/exchange policy page.
Our Hats have been seen in
Hat Sizing Chart
Standard Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|Standard Hat Size|
|XS||20 - 20 7⁄8||52 - 53||6 1⁄2|
|SM||21 - 21 7⁄8||54 - 55||6 7⁄8|
|MD||22 - 22 3⁄4||56 - 57||7 1/8|
|LG||22 7⁄8 - 23 1⁄2||58 - 59||7 3⁄8|
|XL||23 5⁄8 - 24 1⁄4||60 - 61||7 5⁄8|
|2X||24 3⁄8 - 24 7⁄8||62 - 63||7 7⁄8|
|3X||25 - 25 5⁄8||64 - 65||8 1⁄8|
- Grab a soft measuring tape or a piece of string (like twine or a shoelace) and a ruler or measuring tool
- Wrap a soft tape or string around your head to measure about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above your ear and about 3/4 to an 1" inch above your brow line (see image)
- Mark the tape or your string, where it intersects, with your finger.
- Record your measurement in inches or centimeters (centimeters is often more accurate)
- If you're using a string, run it along side the ruler as many times as necessary to get a complete measurement
- MEASURE AGAIN!
- Always measure more than once until you get the same number twice
- Find your size in the chart for the perfect fit
Limited Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|S/M||22 1/8 - 22 3/4||55 - 57|
|L/XL||22 7/8 - 23 5/8||58 - 60|
- JCJohn C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoRoughnec Buffalo Outback
This is my third hat from American Hat Makers and each time it keeps on getting better. Thank youAHAmerican Hat Makers3 months ago
Thank you for always choosing us, John. Happy to hear that you're satisfied each time.
- JVJay V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoSimple style & rugged
This is def a hat that will last a lifetime judging by tough the leather is, sleek simple style just how I like itAHAmerican Hat Makers6 months ago
That's great, Jay! Happy to hear that you trust the quality of our hat to last long. :)
- KNKarim N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoExcellent Hat to own
Excellent hat. Never wore a hat before in my life. Now I feel it's literally an extension of my head. The best things I like about my hat is it doesn't fall off. Fits like a glove. Comfortable and rain proof. Since I wear glasses it has been a life saver. Much better than carrying an umbrella in the pacific northwest. Excellent workmanship to boot. No pun intended
- TCThomas C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoBuffalo Comfort
Once again another amazing hat from AHM. I chose the “chocolate” & It is so comfortable & light I hardly realize I have a Hat on. Besides the awesome design of every hat, I have found that I can always expect excellent quality. This is my 6th hat and I love the look, comfort & smell of them all.
I can not sing enough praises for the awesome customer service that I receive every time I have called.
My eyes are on my next new addition hat as soon as it becomes available.
Thank you to everyone at AHM…!!
You guys & gals Rock..!!!AHAmerican Hat Makers1 year agoYou look great with the Roughneck Buffalo Leather Hat, Thomas! Keep on sending us nice photos! :)
- LKLaurie K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoGreat quality, thick leather, and unique look
I got this for my husband. He loves the look and quality and I like the way he looks wearing it.AHAmerican Hat Makers1 year agoWow! Thanks for the photo, Laurie! The Roughneck Buffalo Leather Hat looks great on your husband!
- JCJames C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoVery nice quality! Smells great!
Very nice quality! Smells great! Looks great! Got two compliments in the last three days. You can't beat these hats! Very nice employees! Don't buy anywhere else you are wasting your time.AHAmerican Hat Makers1 year agoGood to hear that, James! Everyone loves the Roughneck Buffalo Leather Hat and we happy that you do too!
- RFRobert F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoThis hat is perfect for
This hat is perfect for my Australian Outback Coat .
The size I ordered is spot on. The delivery was on time.AHAmerican Hat Makers1 year agoThank you, Robert! Your new hat looks perfect!
- THTerance H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11 seconds agoAwesome!
The hat is absolutely beautiful,fit is perfect for me. We’ll worth the money!
- RMRichard M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 weeks agoMy AHM hat collection continues.
Like always, the quality of materials and build of the Roughneck Buffalo Leather Outback Hat far surpass any of the hat models currently available online from AHM's competitors.
The Buffalo leather is new to me. My other hats are made from either cowhide leather or suede. It's thicker yet less stiff. It works quite well with the flat brimmed / outback style of the Roughneck but probably wouldn't work as well with a "shaped" brim cowboy style hat. Cowhide holds "shape" better.
The deep etching of the Buffalo leather is eye catching. Most folks commenting on my new hat bring that up first. It brings a "wild" / "did you shoot that yourself" quality to the Roughneck. There's nothing "domestic" about it.
I had to work with the Roughnecks brim for the first few days after it's arrival. The leather piece is cut in a way that requires the front and, more so, the rear of the brim to be pulled down so, from a side view, the hat has a sloped look to it. Adjustments to the front and rear slope allows the sides of the brim, when looked at in a mirror, to become perfectly flat and level. If you leave the front and back of the brim flat the cut / shape of the brim leather causes a less pleasing warped look to the sides. When someone's looking me directly in the face I like the hat to sport matching flat sides. The dip to the front of the brim and drop down in the back just adds to the "outback" look of the Roughneck.
I'm very happy with the…
- RMRicardo M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoDark brown Buffalo Outback
High quality overall! The first one came with some damages ,like deep wrinkles, but at once the excellent Customer Service sent a new one,this time perfect, considering the type of leather ( Buffalo).