Ponderosa | Straw Cattleman Cowboy Hat
Ships in 1 Day - Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Exchanges | 90-Day Returns
Yes, we do mean unlimited. At American Hat Makers we want to make sure you love your hat, because it’s going to last a lifetime.
So if your hat is the wrong size or you just don’t love the style for any reason, then you can send it back for an exchange free of charge. That’s free shipping back to us and free shipping back to you.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324. Or click here and check out our “how to measure” guide. *Please note that any Sale items are final sale and not eligible for unlimited free exchanges.*
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process an exchange.
American Hat Makers headwear is built to last a lifetime, so we want you to take your time falling in love with your new favorite hat.
Take 90-days to make sure your hat is the perfect fit and the perfect style. If for whatever reason you don’t love your hat and want to return it, we make it as easy as possible.
Just pay a small shipping and restocking fee of $9.83 (which will be automatically deducted from your refund amount), send back your hat, and you’re good to go.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process a return.
Our Hats have been seen on
- Top Grade Materials - Manufactured to the highest standard, our materials are put through rigorous testing to ensure their quality and then expertly crafted into one of our timeless designs. Our leather is supple, our felt is durable, and our straw tightly woven.
- Hats That Hold Their Shape - All American Hat Makers hats are guaranteed to hold their shape, and will not stretch or shrink with everyday wear. This mens leather cowboy hat can be restored even if it gets warped. Purchasing our lifetime refurbishment at checkout will guarantee that if your hat is accidentally damaged you can send it back to us for a painless and timely repair.
- They Fit! - Our hats fit! It sounds simple enough but with so many shapes and sizes of heads out there it can be a challenge. To overcome this obstacle we’ve designed several fit adjustment systems, all of which remain hidden behind the sweatband to keep your hat looking sharp from all angles. Check out more here.
Every one of our hats come with a 50 year guarantee. That means that if your hat fails in any way to meet your standards due to our craftsmanship then we’ll repair or replace your hat free of charge. So if your hat starts unraveling in 50 years, we’ll take it back and make it right.
Call us anytime! We don’t want to hide behind our website. We’re real people with a deep love and understanding for all of our hats; so any questions you have we’ll be ready to answer them. Need help picking out a hat? We can do that too! Not only can we help you with any questions or concerns you’re having, we can also help you find the perfect hat for your face shape and lifestyle.
We’re available 9am-5pm PST - give us a call at 831-722-3324
We dislike returns just as much as the next person, so we’ve vowed to ALWAYS make returns and exchanges painless. If you don’t like your hat, if it doesn’t fit, or you want a different one - we’ll help you. Read our full return and exchange policy here: link to return/exchange policy page.
Our Hats have been seen in
Hat Sizing Chart
Standard Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|Standard Hat Size|
|XS||20 - 20 7⁄8||52 - 53||6 1⁄2|
|SM||21 - 21 7⁄8||54 - 55||6 7⁄8|
|MD||22 - 22 3⁄4||56 - 57||7 1/8|
|LG||22 7⁄8 - 23 1⁄2||58 - 59||7 3⁄8|
|XL||23 5⁄8 - 24 1⁄4||60 - 61||7 5⁄8|
|2X||24 3⁄8 - 24 7⁄8||62 - 63||7 7⁄8|
|3X||25 - 25 5⁄8||64 - 65||8 1⁄8|
- Grab a soft measuring tape or a piece of string (like twine or a shoelace) and a ruler or measuring tool
- Wrap a soft tape or string around your head to measure about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above your ear and about 3/4 to an 1" inch above your brow line (see image)
- Mark the tape or your string, where it intersects, with your finger.
- Record your measurement in inches or centimeters (centimeters is often more accurate)
- If you're using a string, run it along side the ruler as many times as necessary to get a complete measurement
- MEASURE AGAIN!
- Always measure more than once until you get the same number twice
- Find your size in the chart for the perfect fit
Limited Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|S/M||22 1/8 - 22 3/4||55 - 57|
|L/XL||22 7/8 - 23 5/8||58 - 60|
- RSRobert S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoBeautiful Hat
I love it!! Exactly what I was looking for. Great fit as well.AHAmerican Hat Makers1 month ago
Nice hat, Robert. We're glad you found one that fits you well.
- HDHarley D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoLake of the Ozarks Missouri here yeeyee
Finest n best hat I have ever wanted since my first rodeo. Hat would get trample n still fit like new ty stay positive and stay you yeeyee. Harley Davidson
- DWDennis W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11 seconds agoPonderosa Straw Hat
Love the hat, fits like it should. I've comment all the about how great it looks.
I have one complaint regarding your wool blend hats. I have to have a size 8 (egg head) and your choices are very limited in my size is there any chance you could carry a larger selection? Otherwise I might have to go to another supplier to find what I want. Other than that GREAT hats.
- JWJennifer W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1 year agoThumbs up!
- KRKimbell R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoclassic city chic
Comfortable, goes with anything, looks great on everyone. Can't lose with this hat.AHAmerican Hat Makers1 year agoThanks, Kimbell! We're happy to hear that the Cessna Leather Cap has met your expectations.
- NGNick G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoGreat hat love it
Great hat love itAHAmerican Hat Makers2 years agoHappy to hear Nick!
- JJJoel J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoSo sweeeet!
Just as advertised. Get compliments day one.
Rugged look, soft feel.
- FBFrank B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoThis hat was a sleeper!
Actually I was quite surprised. At first I thought I was sent the wrong hat because it looked black instead of dark brown. The hatband, which I think is too economical for this quality hat, is dark brown but is lighter in contrast to the hat. I love the texture of the hat so I bought another Daytona and 2 upgraded Buffalo nickel hat bands to replace on these 2 hats. This hat looks like it would withstand rain and snow if you brush it off when you go inside. Should last for decades. I’m still wearing an original Comstock and Prospector that are 25 years old. Experience!
- FBFrank B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoBetter than I expected
This hats color and subtle color textures together with its soft comfortable leather put this hat at the top of my favorites. I know each persons tastes are different and are subjective, but this is my opinion that I hope benefits someone else's reason to try it.
- DFDennis F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoSmooth look
Got a great price on this one. Another well made hat, from a company I have been impressed with. No remorse on this one. Thanks AHM team.