Sierra | Mens Leather Cowboy Hat
Ships in 1 Day - Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Exchanges | 90-Day Returns
Yes, we do mean unlimited. At American Hat Makers we want to make sure you love your hat, because it’s going to last a lifetime.
So if your hat is the wrong size or you just don’t love the style for any reason, then you can send it back for an exchange free of charge. That’s free shipping back to us and free shipping back to you.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324. Or click here and check out our “how to measure” guide. *Please note that any Sale items are final sale and not eligible for unlimited free exchanges.*
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process an exchange.
American Hat Makers headwear is built to last a lifetime, so we want you to take your time falling in love with your new favorite hat.
Take 90-days to make sure your hat is the perfect fit and the perfect style. If for whatever reason you don’t love your hat and want to return it, we make it as easy as possible.
Just pay a small shipping and restocking fee of $9.83 (which will be automatically deducted from your refund amount), send back your hat, and you’re good to go.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process a return.
Our Hats have been seen on
- Top Grade Materials - Manufactured to the highest standard, our materials are put through rigorous testing to ensure their quality and then expertly crafted into one of our timeless designs. Our leather is supple, our felt is durable, and our straw tightly woven.
- Hats That Hold Their Shape - All American Hat Makers hats are guaranteed to hold their shape, and will not stretch or shrink with everyday wear. This mens leather cowboy hat can be restored even if it gets warped. Purchasing our lifetime refurbishment at checkout will guarantee that if your hat is accidentally damaged you can send it back to us for a painless and timely repair.
- They Fit! - Our hats fit! It sounds simple enough but with so many shapes and sizes of heads out there it can be a challenge. To overcome this obstacle we’ve designed several fit adjustment systems, all of which remain hidden behind the sweatband to keep your hat looking sharp from all angles. Check out more here.
Every one of our hats come with a 50 year guarantee. That means that if your hat fails in any way to meet your standards due to our craftsmanship then we’ll repair or replace your hat free of charge. So if your hat starts unraveling in 50 years, we’ll take it back and make it right.
Call us anytime! We don’t want to hide behind our website. We’re real people with a deep love and understanding for all of our hats; so any questions you have we’ll be ready to answer them. Need help picking out a hat? We can do that too! Not only can we help you with any questions or concerns you’re having, we can also help you find the perfect hat for your face shape and lifestyle.
We’re available 9am-5pm PST - give us a call at 831-722-3324
We dislike returns just as much as the next person, so we’ve vowed to ALWAYS make returns and exchanges painless. If you don’t like your hat, if it doesn’t fit, or you want a different one - we’ll help you. Read our full return and exchange policy here: link to return/exchange policy page.
Our Hats have been seen in
Hat Sizing Chart
Standard Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|Standard Hat Size|
|XS||20 - 20 7⁄8||52 - 53||6 1⁄2|
|SM||21 - 21 7⁄8||54 - 55||6 7⁄8|
|MD||22 - 22 3⁄4||56 - 57||7 1/8|
|LG||22 7⁄8 - 23 1⁄2||58 - 59||7 3⁄8|
|XL||23 5⁄8 - 24 1⁄4||60 - 61||7 5⁄8|
|2X||24 3⁄8 - 24 7⁄8||62 - 63||7 7⁄8|
|3X||25 - 25 5⁄8||64 - 65||8 1⁄8|
- Grab a soft measuring tape or a piece of string (like twine or a shoelace) and a ruler or measuring tool
- Wrap a soft tape or string around your head to measure about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above your ear and about 3/4 to an 1" inch above your brow line (see image)
- Mark the tape or your string, where it intersects, with your finger.
- Record your measurement in inches or centimeters (centimeters is often more accurate)
- If you're using a string, run it along side the ruler as many times as necessary to get a complete measurement
- MEASURE AGAIN!
- Always measure more than once until you get the same number twice
- Find your size in the chart for the perfect fit
Limited Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|S/M||22 1/8 - 22 3/4||55 - 57|
|L/XL||22 7/8 - 23 5/8||58 - 60|
- CSCarl S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 hour agoThis hat is superb!!!
Very nicely designed. Exceptional materials and craftsmanship. Get loads of compliments every time I wear it. My new fav hat (for now) until I order my next one from AHM!!!AHAmerican Hat Makers41 seconds ago
You look amazing! We’re so happy you’re loving your hat! Thanks so much for supporting American Hat Makers.
- GFGary F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoGorgeous hat
The Sierra latte color hat is a fantastic looking hat. It feels very comfortable and I will be wearing it during all special outdoor events and vacations.
- PRPaul R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoLoved the hat, one size small
Amazing quality and detail. Was one size small for me. Had to exchange. Can’t wait to get the correct size!
- WHWilliam H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoGlad I found American Hat Co.
Beautiful tooled leather. The sizing and fit are excellent. And the hat is very comfortable to wear.
- RMRichard M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoMy New Sierra
I purchased the latte suede version of the Sierra and it's perfect. I own a heavier leather red Falcon model from American Hat Makers that I love but wanted something better suited to wear during hot and sunny summer days and the Sierra was my choice. Lighter weight. A good strong mesh to allow for air flow to cool my head off. A wider brim to keep the sun off my glasses. This hat and this purchase turned out excellent.
- SSusanI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoSierra bought 15 years ago
My husband & I bought hats about 15-16 years ago at the Columbus Ohio Arts Festival. He got this brown Sierra, and I got the brown Sirocco. We LOVE THEM still and get lots of compliments on them! Comfortable, stylish, quality, durable, and just so amazing! It is WONDERFUL to support an AMERICAN family business and we are proud to be one of your customers.AHAmerican Hat Makers2 months ago
That's good to hear Susan. For sure, you both look great wearing them.
- DCDennis C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoVery nice quality and finish
Very nice quality and finish
- PWPaul W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoFit and finish are top
Fit and finish are top quality. Looks great too.
- JAjon a.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agogreat hat many complements on
great hat many complements on the look.the fit is perfect
- ASAlan S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoI really like the way
I really like the way it fit's. I also like the weight of the hat. It is a great looking hat. I've had a lot of comments on how good it looks.