Josey | Pencil Rim Open Crown Felt Fedora Hat
Buy One Get One Free Collection
Ships in 1 Day - Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Exchanges | 90-Day Returns
Yes, we do mean unlimited. At American Hat Makers we want to make sure you love your hat, because it’s going to last a lifetime.
So if your hat is the wrong size or you just don’t love the style for any reason, then you can send it back for an exchange free of charge. That’s free shipping back to us and free shipping back to you.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324. Or click here and check out our “how to measure” guide. *Please note that any Sale items are final sale and not eligible for unlimited free exchanges.*
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process an exchange.
American Hat Makers headwear is built to last a lifetime, so we want you to take your time falling in love with your new favorite hat.
Take 90-days to make sure your hat is the perfect fit and the perfect style. If for whatever reason you don’t love your hat and want to return it, we make it as easy as possible.
Just pay a small shipping and restocking fee of $9.83 (which will be automatically deducted from your refund amount), send back your hat, and you’re good to go.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process a return.
Our Hats have been seen on
Steven Tyler Musician
Jason Momoa Actor
Eiza Gonzalez Actress
Viola Davis Actress
Jamie Foxx Actor
Luis Guzman Actor
Anthony Anderson Actor
Doc Rivers Coach
- Top Grade Materials - Manufactured to the highest standard, our materials are put through rigorous testing to ensure their quality and then expertly crafted into one of our timeless designs. Our leather is supple, our felt is durable, and our straw tightly woven.
- Hats That Hold Their Shape - All American Hat Makers hats are guaranteed to hold their shape, and will not stretch or shrink with everyday wear. This mens leather cowboy hat can be restored even if it gets warped. Purchasing our lifetime refurbishment at checkout will guarantee that if your hat is accidentally damaged you can send it back to us for a painless and timely repair.
- They Fit! - Our hats fit! It sounds simple enough but with so many shapes and sizes of heads out there it can be a challenge. To overcome this obstacle we’ve designed several fit adjustment systems, all of which remain hidden behind the sweatband to keep your hat looking sharp from all angles. Check out more here.
Every one of our hats come with a 50 year guarantee. That means that if your hat fails in any way to meet your standards due to our craftsmanship then we’ll repair or replace your hat free of charge. So if your hat starts unraveling in 50 years, we’ll take it back and make it right.
Call us anytime! We don’t want to hide behind our website. We’re real people with a deep love and understanding for all of our hats; so any questions you have we’ll be ready to answer them. Need help picking out a hat? We can do that too! Not only can we help you with any questions or concerns you’re having, we can also help you find the perfect hat for your face shape and lifestyle.
We’re available 9am-5pm PST - give us a call at 831-722-3324
Our Hats have been seen in
Hat Sizing Chart
Standard Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|Standard Hat Size|
|XS||20 - 20 7⁄8||52 - 53||6 1⁄2|
|SM||21 - 21 7⁄8||54 - 55||6 7⁄8|
|MD||22 - 22 3⁄4||56 - 57||7 1/8|
|LG||22 7⁄8 - 23 1⁄2||58 - 59||7 3⁄8|
|XL||23 5⁄8 - 24 1⁄4||60 - 61||7 5⁄8|
|2X||24 3⁄8 - 24 7⁄8||62 - 63||7 7⁄8|
|3X||25 - 25 5⁄8||64 - 65||8 1⁄8|
- Grab a soft measuring tape or a piece of string (like twine or a shoelace) and a ruler or measuring tool
- Wrap a soft tape or string around your head to measure about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above your ear and about 3/4 to an 1" inch above your brow line (see image)
- Mark the tape or your string, where it intersects, with your finger.
- Record your measurement in inches or centimeters (centimeters is often more accurate)
- If you're using a string, run it along side the ruler as many times as necessary to get a complete measurement
- MEASURE AGAIN!
- Always measure more than once until you get the same number twice
- Find your size in the chart for the perfect fit
Limited Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|S/M||22 1/8 - 22 3/4||55 - 57|
|L/XL||22 7/8 - 23 5/8||58 - 60|
- DDDonna D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoLove at first sight...
Ive wanted this hat since i watched True Grit with my dad the westernaholic back when it was released in 1969. My dad is gone but i still love westerns and now this hat connects me to my past and i just love it and cant wait to show it off. Its a great and very well made and its made here in the USA.AHAmerican Hat Makers1 month ago
It looks great on you! Nothing like an old western!
- HHHelen H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoJosey
Love the style, color and fit with just the drawstring band. Would love to s this more of these classic western styles.AHAmerican Hat Makers1 month ago
Your review made our day, and the photo you shared is the icing on the cake! We're thrilled to have been a part of your positive experience, and we hope to create many more memories together.
- CCassVerified ReviewerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoExactly what I wanted
Great quality hat! I’m a size 7 and got the small/medium. Fits perfectly!AHAmerican Hat Makers2 months ago
We’re so happy you’re loving your hat! Thanks so much for supporting American Hat Makers.
- LSLinda S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoFantastic! Just what I expected
Looks really great with an added feather!
- RHRicky H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10 months agoOld School Workmanship
Love the look, style and fit. High-quality and well made. A head turner.
- KMKaren M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12 months agoLove this hat!
It's a beautiful , well made hat . I love the open crown look and the turned up edge of the brim really sets off the total look.AHAmerican Hat Makers11 months ago
Thank you, Karen! It looks gorgeous on you. :)
- EKEd K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoLooks just like a Boss of the Plains Hat
This hat is a near dead ringer for an old time boss of the plains hat and was just what I was looking for. The hat in sand is close to the natural color worn back in the old west..
Fit-wise, the XL was a bit tight from to back. A bit of steam applied adjusted this right out.
This is my first felt hat from you. The previous being leather ones, or a straw top hat.
I’ll be wearing this hat to my next few cowboy action matches, and the pencil brim does a great job catching the 1873 lever action rifle’s brass! In this case, I’m looking for it to start to naturally weather and wear through use to give it that old time “cowboy” look.
All in all, I’m very pleased with the hat.
- JAJoseph A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoJosey Pencil Rim
The hat is amazing, my wife loves it! The entire experience was positive, from hat quality, selection, and fast secure delivery! Definitely will be a repeat customer! 10/10
- JAJohn A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11 months agoJohn
- TBTom B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoJosey
I bought this for my lovely bride of 30 years for our anniversary. She LOVES it!