Tumbleweed | Distressed Outback Felt Fedora Hat
Ships in 1 Day - Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Exchanges | 90-Day Returns
Yes, we do mean unlimited. At American Hat Makers we want to make sure you love your hat, because it’s going to last a lifetime.
So if your hat is the wrong size or you just don’t love the style for any reason, then you can send it back for an exchange free of charge. That’s free shipping back to us and free shipping back to you.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324. Or click here and check out our “how to measure” guide. *Please note that any Sale items are final sale and not eligible for unlimited free exchanges.*
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process an exchange.
American Hat Makers headwear is built to last a lifetime, so we want you to take your time falling in love with your new favorite hat.
Take 90-days to make sure your hat is the perfect fit and the perfect style. If for whatever reason you don’t love your hat and want to return it, we make it as easy as possible.
Just pay a small shipping and restocking fee of $9.83 (which will be automatically deducted from your refund amount), send back your hat, and you’re good to go.
Not sure about your fit? Call us! A real person and expert hat fitter will be on the other side of the line to answer any questions about fit, exchanges, style or returns 831-722-3324
For full details and FAQs, click here to learn more or process a return.
Our Hats have been seen on
- Top Grade Materials - Manufactured to the highest standard, our materials are put through rigorous testing to ensure their quality and then expertly crafted into one of our timeless designs. Our leather is supple, our felt is durable, and our straw tightly woven.
- Hats That Hold Their Shape - All American Hat Makers hats are guaranteed to hold their shape, and will not stretch or shrink with everyday wear. This mens leather cowboy hat can be restored even if it gets warped. Purchasing our lifetime refurbishment at checkout will guarantee that if your hat is accidentally damaged you can send it back to us for a painless and timely repair.
- They Fit! - Our hats fit! It sounds simple enough but with so many shapes and sizes of heads out there it can be a challenge. To overcome this obstacle we’ve designed several fit adjustment systems, all of which remain hidden behind the sweatband to keep your hat looking sharp from all angles. Check out more here.
Every one of our hats come with a 50 year guarantee. That means that if your hat fails in any way to meet your standards due to our craftsmanship then we’ll repair or replace your hat free of charge. So if your hat starts unraveling in 50 years, we’ll take it back and make it right.
Call us anytime! We don’t want to hide behind our website. We’re real people with a deep love and understanding for all of our hats; so any questions you have we’ll be ready to answer them. Need help picking out a hat? We can do that too! Not only can we help you with any questions or concerns you’re having, we can also help you find the perfect hat for your face shape and lifestyle.
We’re available 9am-5pm PST - give us a call at 831-722-3324
We dislike returns just as much as the next person, so we’ve vowed to ALWAYS make returns and exchanges painless. If you don’t like your hat, if it doesn’t fit, or you want a different one - we’ll help you. Read our full return and exchange policy here: link to return/exchange policy page.
Our Hats have been seen in
Hat Sizing Chart
Standard Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|Standard Hat Size|
|XS||20 - 20 7⁄8||52 - 53||6 1⁄2|
|SM||21 - 21 7⁄8||54 - 55||6 7⁄8|
|MD||22 - 22 3⁄4||56 - 57||7 1/8|
|LG||22 7⁄8 - 23 1⁄2||58 - 59||7 3⁄8|
|XL||23 5⁄8 - 24 1⁄4||60 - 61||7 5⁄8|
|2X||24 3⁄8 - 24 7⁄8||62 - 63||7 7⁄8|
|3X||25 - 25 5⁄8||64 - 65||8 1⁄8|
- Grab a soft measuring tape or a piece of string (like twine or a shoelace) and a ruler or measuring tool
- Wrap a soft tape or string around your head to measure about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above your ear and about 3/4 to an 1" inch above your brow line (see image)
- Mark the tape or your string, where it intersects, with your finger.
- Record your measurement in inches or centimeters (centimeters is often more accurate)
- If you're using a string, run it along side the ruler as many times as necessary to get a complete measurement
- MEASURE AGAIN!
- Always measure more than once until you get the same number twice
- Find your size in the chart for the perfect fit
Limited Sizing Chart
|Our Size||Your Head Measurement
|S/M||22 1/8 - 22 3/4||55 - 57|
|L/XL||22 7/8 - 23 5/8||58 - 60|
- Ssilversurfer525I recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoThis is an impressive hat.
The quality in this hat is stunning. Looks incredible. Fit was spot on. Thanks for an awesome hat. Ill be buying more. Not the best pix of it as Im not the best pix taker, but you get the point....The brim in the front and back were flatter. I like a down slant to hats, so this reflects that. Highly recommend this hat for those of you who are on the fence...AHAmerican Hat Makers8 months ago
Thank you! Great choice with this one and it look nice on you. :)
- SSStephen S.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productFace Type? LongHead Shape Long OvalHow many American Hat Maker Hats do you have? This is my 1stRated 5 out of 5 stars11 months agoVery nice hat
Great quality and craftsmanship. Very comfortable and gets lots of attention. Would buy again.AHAmerican Hat Makers11 months ago
Stephen! you are rocking out! Thanks for sharing your awesome review, pictures and video!
- DEDarcy E.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoTumbleweed Outback Fedora Hat
This Hat is Absolutely Beautiful I am a Queen when I wear this Hat got a lot of Compliments from a lot of People I plan on buying other Hats from this Company…Thank you American Hat Makers!❤️️❤️️❤️️👸🏽👑
- JFJen F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoLove this hat !
Love this hat so much ! It fits so nice and is made so well . The workmanship that went into this hat is amazing. It’s such a beautiful hat .
- RVRobert V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoAnother home run. It's unique,
Another home run. It's unique, different and I just love it. The Tumbleweed Outback Fedora doesn't come in my size but I bought it anyway, and with the use of a hat stretcher and some patience it now fits perfectly. I need to find a feather that matches the one in the photos. Needless to say it was packaged like a brinks truck and it arrived as if they drove it straight here.
- PPaulVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars36 seconds agoThe Tumbleweed
This is my first real hat and I love it. It's well made, super comfortable and looks great (with nice distressing). I would not change anything about it.
Since ordering this one I have purchased 2 more hats from AHM. I love the super fast shipping and excellent customer service.
Trying to decide which hat to buy next!
- PNPaul N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoAwesome hat!
I love it. It’s exactly what I wanted. The fit and quality of materials are great. I am trying to decide which one to buy next.
- LLLloyd L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoReview
Great look and fit. Very happy to have it in my collection. Looking for one in green
- SASabrina A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agoLove it!
I freaking love this hat. I just wished I would have order a size smaller....
- LLLionel L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoAmerican Hat Makers Buying Experience
Okay, some thoughts on AHM - company and hat itself:
From the start, AHM's website was very forth coming on information regarding fit and care of their hats. I had questions about shaping which I posed to customer support, later found on site, and yet later reiterated by a customer support rep. They were very quick about shipping once I decided to actually purchase my tumbleweed. My hat arrived a day earlier than estimated. Maybe this is USPS - but I somehow thing it was AHM shipping process. So the company checks all the right boxes in the shopping experience.
On the hat itself, at this point I couldn't be more pleased. I live in Montana, am into horse back riding - including trips into the back country, and this will be my spring riding hat - once the snow melts away from the trails :-) As instructed, I measured my head size and came up with 22 3/4" which showed as a medium on their sizing chart. Once the hat arrived, I tried it on and was dismayed that it seemed too large! How could this be? 7 1/8 ( a medium) is the size of my summer SunBody straw, which fits like a glove. Well, the documentation in the packaging advised how to snug up the hat band and bingo, perfect snug fit. There are also foam spacers to fine tune side or front/back fit (didn't need these). As to wear: I've been wearing this hat outside during feeding times in 20-25F temps and it's pretty amazing how warm the hat is in cold weather... I don't need a broad brim at this time of year, so the Tumbleweed…AHAmerican Hat Makers8 months ago
Thank you for your honest feedback, Lionel. We know it takes time and we appreciate your effort! We’re glad you had a good experience and hope to see you again soon.