1 Million Hats made since 1972
50 Years Family Owned
Ships in 1 Business Day
13,000+ 5-Star Reviews
Our Hats Have Been Seen On
All our hats come with a lifetime warranty. What this means is that even if you bought a hat over 50 years ago and it starts unraveling, we'll fix it or replace it, free of charge
Handcrafted Since 1972
We are working hard every day to continue to be the best hat makers in America. Though we are steeped in tradition, we embrace modern practices to deliver hats of the highers quality.
How to Measure
- Brim 2" Crown 4 1/2"
- For detailed sizing info, CLICK HERE: HAT FIT GUIDE to view a sizing chart.
- Additionally we offer FREE EXCHANGES/RETURNS in case you order the wrong size, so don't sweat it.
- We'll make sure you get a hat that fits like a dream, even if we have to send you 3-4 hats 'til we get it right. We'll even pay for all shipping as well.
- Lifetime warranty on all hats. - We cover your outback hat for life. Did the hat stretch/shrink? Did something unravel? We'll make it right. We stand behind all our products and have easy to reach customer service.
- Easy to reach customer service. - We don't hide behind a website. We love our customers and we're happy to resolve any concerns you may have. Simply give us a call at 1-800-642-3428 and we'll be happy to help you with anything you need.
- Built to last. - While the other guys cut corners on quality to increase their margins, we don't believe in that. Even if you sweat a lot, it won't hurt the hat. This is thanks to an integrated sweat band that comes with every hat. All our hats are also extremely resistant to water; rain will simply run off. Our hats are held to the strictest quality standards and guaranteed to last a lifetime.
- Hat will hold its shape. - They are guaranteed to hold their shape, and will not stretch/shrink with everyday wear. Please do not mistreat our hats, however, by leaving them locked in a car on a 90° summer day. But, even in that worst case scenario, the hat shape can be restored by resting it on a coffee can.
- Perfect fit, guaranteed. - Did you accidentally order the wrong size? Don't sweat it. We'll make sure you get a hat that fits like a dream, even if we have to send you 3-4 hats ‘til we get it right. We'll even pay for all shipping charges!
- Family owned company since the 70's. - We're a father/son company with over 50 years of expertise in this industry. We've refined our craft and produce only the highest quality hats.
- Hat orders generally arrive within 3-7 business days.
- All our hats come with a lifetime warranty. What this means is that even if you bought a hat over 50 years ago and it starts unraveling, we'll fix it or replace it, free of charge.
- However, as far as exchanging one hat style for another, that must be done within 90 days.
- We offer free exchanges for any reason. We'll also send you as many hats as you need until we get you the perfect fit, and we'll even cover all the shipping costs.
Hat Sizing Chart
|HNH-AHM Hat Size||U.S.A Hat Size||Head Measurement (IN)||Head Measurement (CM)|
|MD||7 1⁄8||22-22 3⁄4||56-57|
|LG||7 3⁄8||22 7⁄8 - 23 1⁄2||58-59|
|XL||7 5⁄8||23 5⁄8 - 24 1⁄4||60-61|
|2X||7 7⁄8||24 3⁄8-24 7⁄8||62-63|
|3X||8 1⁄8||25-25 5⁄8||64-65|
Sizes are approximate and will vary with hat style and material. If unsure about which size to choose, it's best to choose a larger size, as our sizing system can adjust the hat down to one full size smaller.
Our Hats Have Been Seen In
Walkabout - Womens Cotton Outback Hat - Reviews
- TBTessa B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 year agoFits Well and A Sturdy Hat
Looks great as a casual downtown hat, and a hiking hat!AHAmerican Hat Makers1 year agoWow, nice photo Tessa! Your hat looks great on you and its perfect for hiking indeed.
- LPlinda p.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars6 days agogreat hat
- CNCynthia N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars10 months agoComfortable Hat
I bought this hat because I liked the olive color. This hat is very comfortable to wear. I like that the inside has a lining. I would like all of my hats to be lined.
- DZDeb Z.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars10 months agoMy new hat!
Love thus hat! Lightweight & comfortable. Seems to run on the larger end of its size range.
- TWTeresa W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 year agoFadora
I love my fadora will be ordering again.